Friday 26 April 2013

Stourport to Upton


Captains Log
Canal Date 26th April 2013
Location   Upton upon  Severn
22 miles & 4 locks

Up nice and early to get to Upton in time to find a mooring. My back is still not right and giving me a bad time. It is slowly getting better. I shall be very glad when it does.  I called the locks on VHF and they were all ready for us on arrival.  We did have a nasty hail storm for a while, that forced me to put up the canopy. At least we proved that the new modifications to the front window works. Please note: We passed - repeat - passed at least ten pubs today. I am a reformed man,  When we arrived at Upton there were already two boats moored on the outside and a small plastic fishing boat on the inside. There was not quite enough for me on the inside, we are at a bit of an angle, but it will do us fine. We all went to the Swan Inn for our evening meal. It was OK, nothing special but the food was better than the expected and the beer was good. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I can revert back to having a lazy day.

No comments: