Thursday 2 September 2010

Wooton Wawen

Captains Log Canal Date 1st September 2010 Travels 4 Miles 8 locks Current Location Wooton Wawen OS Ref SP 160 361 Moved on to a quieter, more rural location. I had no idea where we were going, just looking for a nice spot to spend a few days. Once again there were plenty of locks to keep Pam fit, and once again she walked the entire trip. We have travelled this canal before, but I do not remember the banks being so overgrown. It is down to the time of year I suppose. We like it to be open, with a reasonable view, not too busy and deep enough to moor alongside the tow path. Not a lot to ask but none the less hard to find. We are not the only ones who like this sort of moorings so many are already taken. We did find a nice spot at Wooten Wawen. It is dangerously close to yet another pub – The Navigation – However we have not been tempted yet. I expect that we will not be able to resist for too long, after all a very nice pub just down the canal has recently closed (Tom o the Woods) just because we did not use it for 6 months. I don’t want that sort of thing on my conscious There is a nice short walk to a farm shop & craft centre. The only other thing of note is that there is very poor phone & internet signals. Both Millie the dog & I have managed to not fall in the canal for over a week now! The combined satellite & solar panel is still not working properly, it has developed an intermittent fault. I am sure that the agents think that I am making it up. It is frustrating because I just know that when I take it back, it will perform faultlessly! We shall remain here for the weekend and then back track towards Alvechurch again.

No comments: