Wednesday 6 January 2010

It can get cold here!!

We are still at Tardebigge and we can not move even if we wanted to. Totally ice bound. Christmas went well. We were going to the Peak District for New Year but that had to be abandond due to the roads being blocked with snow & abandond vehicles. It is nice & cosy inside with the log burner going well and supplemented with the Central heating. All very nice. I thought that last winter was as bad as it it likely to get, I was wrong again. It is colder this winter. The canal has been frozen solid since December 19th, we did have a bit of a thaw just after Christmas, just enough to enable me to break the ice and fill up with water. I have no idea when we will be able to get our next refill. I all looks very nice, and that is improved greatly with the knowledge that we do not have to drive.

No comments: